P.A. Works Corporation (株式会社ピーエーワークス Kabushiki kaisha Pii Ee Waakusu, short for Progressive Animation Works) is a Japanese animation studio established on November 10, 2000. It is located in Nanto, Toyama, Japan. The company's president and founder Kenji Horikawa once worked for Tatsunoko Production, Production I.G, and Bee Train before forming P.A. Works in 2000. The main office is located in Toyama, Japan, which is where the drawing and digital photography take place, and production and direction takes place in their Tokyo office. The company is also involved with animation in video games, along with collaborating in the past with Production I.G and Bee Train with anime. In January 2008, P.A. Works produced True Tears, their first anime series as the main animation studio involved in the production process.
TV series producedEdit
- Series run: January 6, 2008 – March 30, 2008
- Genres: Drama, Romance, Slice of life
- Episodes: 13 x 24 minutes
- Loose adaptation of La'cryma's visual novel True Tears.
- Series run: July 4, 2009 – September 26, 2009
- Genres: Action
- Episodes: 13 x 24 minutes
- Based on the critically acclaimed Nintendo Wii visual novel 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de conceptualized by Type-Moon.
- Series run: April 3, 2010 – June 26, 2010
- Genres: Action, Comedy-drama, Fantasy
- Episodes 13 x 24 minutes
- Story originally conceived by Jun Maeda.
- Series run: April 03, 2011 – scheduled
- Genres: Drama, Slice of life
- Tenth anniversary work for P.A. Works.
Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
- Genres: Adventure
- Co-Produced with OLM, Inc.
Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi'
- TV Movie
- Genres: Drama, Family
Bannou Yasai Ninninman'
- Genres: Fantasy
- Collaboration with the Japanese Animation Creators Association young animators training project.
TV series partially producedEdit
- Blood+: In-Between Animation
- Darker than Black: Production Assistance
- Eureka Seven: In-Between Animation
- Immortal Grand Prix (second season): In-Between Animation, Key Animation, Production Assistance
- Le Chevalier D'Eon: In-Between Animation
- Mushishi: In-Between Animation
- Tsubasa Chronicle: Co-Production (certain episodes)
- .hack//Liminality (production association)
- Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Great Adventure into the Underworld - The Seven Magic Users
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
- Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society: In-Between Animation, Production Assistance
- Sword of the Stranger
Videogames partially animatedEdit
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
- Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced
- Anime project tourism Toyama: Animation part
Official website (Japanese)