This article is about the Triggerheart Unit. For the unused Test Frame, see: Crueltear (Anchor Unit Test Frame)
Crueltear (クルエルティア Kuruerutia) is one of the main characters of Triggerheart Exelica.
Developed under the Triggerheart code TH32 (ナンバー32, "Nanbā San-ju Ni", lit. "Number Thirty Two"), She's Exelica's big sister for two reasons; due to her implanted personality in her Triggerheart System and the fact that both units were created by the Development Team #7 of C.H.I.L.D.A. giving them a bloodline-like link.
Due to periodic upgrades, she has grown in size compared to when she was first developed.
Treats Exelica like the little sister she never had. Crueltear possesses a mixture of genuine kindness and solid strength.
Together with Exelica and companion ships, among others, transported to Earth, where together the two continue their fight against the Ver'mith fleet.
Certain abilities, such as speed, surpass that of Exelica.
She can be passionate and hot-blooded...perhaps a little too much...
For reasons unknown, loves spicy food.
Operational HistoryEditCrueltear was among the Triggerheart units developed by C.H.I.L.D.A. and one of the few (if not many) developed by the Development Team #7, which later created Exelica. The creation of the TH60 gave Crueltear a Sister-like link which. Both Triggerheart units were assigned to the TH transport C'rna_dyne. Some time later, she befriended the TH44 Faintear. During a mission where the three Triggerhearts were deployed, the Ver'mith opened a Gate to escape, but also, the Triggerhearts (Exelica and Crueltear) and the C'rna_dyne were caught by the Gate and they're sucked in, while Faintear was captured by the Ver'mith.
The TH transport and the Triggerhearts materialized on planet Earth, which they made it their second home as they had no way to return to C.H.I.L.D.A. and save Faintear, thus, they've lost their reasons to fight. During a walk out of the C'rna_dyne, Crueltear meets Watt, a dog which she befriends. Then, an old man named Skiltall, which turns out to be the dog's owner, meets the Triggerheart units, which he adopts and treats as his daughters. During a considerable amount of time between family time and C.H.I.L.D.A.'s duties as a Triggerheart, another Gate opens, but this time is the surviving Ver'mith forces which came to take over the Earth as their new base. With the destruction caused by their enemies, the Triggerhearts lost reasons to fight returned, and they deployed to destroy the Ver'mith once and for all.
Final Whereabouts Edit
Her fate varies depending on which game mode is the game being played.
Triggerheart Exelica (Arcade / Dreamcast) Edit
- Arcade Mode: Like Exelica, her fate differs if the player is playing or not with Crueltear.
- Exelica: If the player is using Exelica, Faintear Imitate will try to destroy her with a final Fardott attack, then Crueltear will arrive and destroying Imitate. However, Imitate's "debris" will paralyze Crueltear and she's captured by Ver'mith Ennda. Exelica defeats Ennda easily in a desperate attempt to save her Triggerheart sister. Sadly, the Ver'mith Core explosion also damaged Crueltear. Mortally injured, Crueltear Anchor locks her sister throwing her away from the exploding battlefield, leaving her alone to die.
- Crueltear: If the player is using Crueltear, the Triggerheart roles are reversed. Exelica will be captured by Ennda and the final battle begins where Crueltear emerges victorious. Unfortunately, there's terrible consequences; Exelica is deadly wounded and corrupted by Ennda. Exelica throws Crueltear away and she stays to die with the Ver'mith. An unknown amount of time later, Crueltear continues with her life.
- Arrange Mode (Exelica and Crueltear): Her fate in both endings are the same of those in the Arcade Mode.
Triggerheart Exelica RE:Anchor Edit
Additional Data Edit
- Height includes unit on the back of her head. Like Exelica and Faintear, her height is increased even before she straps on her weapons.
- Like any other Triggerheart unit, she is able to fight at close range with just her Spec Suit, and her forearms deliver hand and sword attacks enhanced with magnetic field control technology.
- Crueltear's used design is actually a second design made by a suggestion of a Warashi staff member to Kazuhiko Kakoi.
- Crueltear kept the name of the unused Anchor Unit Test Frame design. According to Kazuhiko, he liked the name, so he didn't considered other names for the Triggerheart.
- Along with the name keeping, both Crueltear and C'rnBurn kept the colors of the Test Frame, however, the eye colors (yellow/orange) of the Triggerheart unit are original.
- There's less concept sketches of Crueltear (as a Triggerheart) than the unused Test Frame design.
- During the startup screens of the arcade game and its console ports, Crueltear says "Warashi" when the Warashi logo appears.
- Crueltear is the first character in the series whose voice suffered changes. While in the Arcade, Dreamcast and XBLA ports she has a quite deep, adult voice, in Parallel Anchor and Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced she has a much younger voice. This was because Kozue Shimizu re-worked the character voice throughout the games and materials, rather than an actress change like in Faintear Imitate's case.
- Crueltear is the first Triggerheart unit to demonstrate human capabilites such as eating (her love for spicy food) and growing up in size (by periodic updates), suggesting that Triggerhearts and Bullethearts are more human and organic rather than mechanical beings.
- One of the artworks of Archive Anchor and the cover of RE:Anchor 1.75 depicts Crueltear with a cameltoe, which implies Triggerhearts and Bullethearts have genitalia. However, it is unknown if they have the same anatomical functions like a normal female human such as menstruation and reproduction since it is also unknown if their Anti-Cloning and Anti-Aging properties could allow pregnancy or not on the more "adult"-looking units (Crueltear, Faintear Imitate and Syl_f'rear).