This article is about the Triggerheart Unit. For the unused Test Frame, see: Crueltear (Anchor Unit Test Frame)
Crueltear (クルエルティア Kuruerutia) is one of the main characters of Triggerheart Exelica.
Developed under the Triggerheart code TH32 (ナンバー32, "Nanbā San-ju Ni", lit. "Number Thirty Two"), She's Exelica's big sister for two reasons; due to her implanted personality in her Triggerheart System and the fact that both units were created by the Development Team #7 of C.H.I.L.D.A. giving them a bloodline-like link.
Due to periodic upgrades, she has grown in size compared to when she was first developed.
Treats Exelica like the little sister she never had. Crueltear possesses a mixture of genuine kindness and solid strength.
Together with Exelica and companion ships, among others, transported to Earth, where together the two continue their fight against the Ver'mith fleet.
Certain abilities, such as speed, surpass that of Exelica.
She can be passionate and hot-blooded...perhaps a little too much...
For reasons unknown, loves spicy food.
Triggerheart Exelica RE:Anchor Edit
Additional Data Edit
- Height includes unit on the back of her head. Like Exelica and Faintear, her height is increased even before she straps on her weapons.
- Like any other Triggerheart unit, she is able to fight at close range with just her Spec Suit, and her forearms deliver hand and sword attacks enhanced with magnetic field control technology.
- Crueltear's used design is actually a second design made by a suggestion of a Warashi staff member to Kazuhiko Kakoi.
- Crueltear kept the name of the unused Anchor Unit Test Frame design. According to Kazuhiko, he liked the name.
- Along with the name keeping, both Crueltear and C'rnBurn kept the colors of the Test Frame, however, the eye colors (yellow/orange) of the Triggerheart unit are original.
- During the startup screens of the arcade game and its console ports, Crueltear says "Warashi" when the Warashi logo appears.
- Crueltear is the first character in the series whose voice suffered changes. While in the Arcade, Dreamcast and XBLA ports she has a quite deep, adult voice, in Parallel Anchor and Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced she has a much younger voice. This was because Kozue Shimizu re-worked the character voice throughout the games and materials, rather than an actress change like in Faintear Imitate's case.
- Crueltear is the first Triggerheart unit to demonstrate human capabilites such as eating (her love for spicy food) and growing up (by periodic updates), suggesting that Triggerhearts and Bullethearts are more human and organic rather than mechanical beings.
- One of the artworks of Archive Anchor and the cover of RE:Anchor 1.75 depicts Crueltear with a cameltoe, which implies Triggerhearts and Bullethearts have genitalia. However it is unknown if they have the same anatomical functions like a normal female human such as menstruation and reproduction since it is also unknown if their Anti-Cloning properties could allow pregnancy or not on the more "adult"-looking units (Crueltear, Faintear Imitate and Syl_f'rear).